Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Simple Brilliance Behind "Reality TV"

"Reality TV," is obviously NOT actual reality as we have all come to learn. It's Hollywood producers just taking a cool trendy name and sticking it with something like TV after it to make it easy to remember and give it a simple yet catchy name. I can't really say the first pseudo reality TV show(s) that were produced but I'd say COPS was one of them and The Real World which ironically produced by MTV which is no longer "Music Television." (Do you see an ugly trend here?) Let me jump into this and try and WOO you with my opinions on all this KRAPPY ass programming.

The reasons why Reality TV were created and have caught on (mind you, they are just standard brainwashing techniques by corporate skum) is because it's being forced for us to like. If you see, hear, smell something enough, you become immune to it or eventually enjoy it, kind of like the TERRIBLE TERRIBLE music the "music industry" is pushing out of their rectums weekly. This has been going on a lot longer than we think, but thankfully people are wising up to it... On a less crazy-man scale as some of you are thinking as you read this, I have another idea that I came up...

Are you ready for this....Are you, are you ready... PUNK????

Money...

Yea, go fig...

Reality TV pays its "actors and actresses," less because they aren't big name Hollywood stars, even B stars or shit, C stars, they are everyday people getting paid either a tiny fraction of the shows net value or not paid at all until they are the last one on the island where they get some "huge amount," that is typically taxed the shit out of. Then that actor tries to make it, fails, tries to makes it again to some other show, fails, opens a bar and that's about it. Maybe moves back to their original place of origin. Maybe heads to Thailand. I dunno?

But what I'm getting at is this. Hollywood realized they don't have to pay the SAG pay for these people, or if they do, they are nobodies, just entry level attractive in shape people that caught the attention of the eye of some producer who prolly got them to blow them in the shitter. And now they pay these people fawkn pebbles for their work. And their contracts aren't usually too strong. Some last what, like a week in a house or on an island or whatever the fawk the show is about and they get a one way ticket back to their hometown and fight for their job back. Hollywood has created a BRILLIANT way to keep the poor more poor and make the rich more rich. Absoloooty brilliant...I for one wont fall into that trap... I'll keep it real for my people, for me friends, for my family and for me... I'll keep original shit, original...

No comments:

Post a Comment